Control NOx Emissions in Power Plants and Industrial Sites
Control of NOx Emissions in Power Plants and Industrial Sites
Power plants as well as many industrial sites, such as cement, waste incinerators, glass manufacturing plants or refineries must increasingly be equipped with a NOx reduction system. This system is usually either SNCR (non-catalytic process) or SCR (catalytic method) in which either an ammonia or urea reagent is injected.
In Europe new legislation in the context of the IPPC Directive, reviewed under the name of the Industrial Emissions Directive impose on industrial sites, new values to achieve in the reduction of emission of gases. These texts relate in particular to the emissions of nitrogen oxides. Beyond this European Directive, additional restrictions have to be followed at a national and local level.
Reduce NOx emissions at an optimized cost – share in over 20 years of experience with Yara
Since the 1990s we have offered a range of up to date solutions to prevent emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) for industrial sites. These solutions are marketed under the brand NOxCare.
Our sales team offer several solutions to assist you in reducing your NOx emissions:
- SNCR technology
- SCR technology
- Hybrid SNCR/SCR technology
- Reagents to reduce these emissions
- After Sales Services.
Our expertise is wide ranging: from the design and construction of systems to reduce NOx emissions, through to supporting you in your daily NOx control activities, and assisting you with upgrading or optimising your current NOx reduction system. At all times we help you to optimize your system by:
- Helping you choose the right technology
- Developing high quality equipment that requires low maintenance
- Calculating the precise reagent injection needed by your site
- Advising on the best reagent storage and equipment for your site.
Our goal is that your NOx emissions are reduced at a lower cost.
To assess the best technique for reducing NOx for your site is a choice that requires an expert opinion. We help you make the best choice for your site and especially investigate on how to improve the cost of setting up and running your DeNOx system.
We put all our expertise and know-how into SNCR and SCR systems, ammonia and urea reagents and services to optimize your NOx control systems
- Safe procedures: training in safe handling, safety assessments and documentation for full compliance with regulation
- Secure and uninterrupted process: dedicated storage to optimise your reagent consumption and uninterrupted supply of reagent by automatic stock level monitoring and inventory management
- Straight forward and continual operations: preventive maintenance of your NOx control system
- NOx system optimisation: we run test trials at your own site to design the right operations for your needs