We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Fertilizer Zambia (Ltd), part of the Southern Africa Region has a vacancy for a Financial Controller based in Lusaka.
The role will support the Managing Director and CFO by providing accurate financial information for company decisions and the effective management of the finance department.
1.1 Financial Management
* Ensure that the local finance duties are executed in an effective and flexible manner and in accordance to given deadlines.
* Compile management reports, e.g. sales reports, BW reports etc.
* Compile and process month-end journal entries in SAP
* Oversee, check and sign off the balance sheet reconciliations on or before the 15th work day of each month.
* Plan and oversee the annual external interim and external audit
* Examining financial and legal documents to verify accuracy and adherence to Yara principles.
* Weekly and monthly Bank reconciliation approvals.
* Coordinating external audit and financial reporting statements.
* Developing and recommending finance solutions for problems or situations.
* Other ad hoc task assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
* Year-end accounts reviews and Tax issues.
* Support CFO in Cash Flow Management of business
1.2 Fixed Cost Control
* Compile the annual departmental fixed cost budget
* Plan and coordinate the total fixed cost budget for the business unit
* Monitor and control departmental fixed cost to stay within planned limits with deviation explanations
* Define potential fixed cost savings
1.3 Risk Management
* Ensure the Fixed Asset register is updated regularly and that all acquisitions and disposals are recorded correctly.
* Verify all fixed assets bi-annually to ensure identification and physical existence.
* Enter new business partners who qualify into the Yara system
1.6 Statutory Compliance and Corporate Governance
* Ensure statutory and legal requirements are complied with. These would include timeous submission of returns for VAT, PAYE, etc. and provisional and annual tax returns.
* Responsible for handling all matters related to tax
* Ensure all local legal requirements are fulfilled – board members, board meetings, etc.
* Ensure safeguarding of company legal documents.
* High level knowledge of Financial Processes and procedures.
* Working knowledge of International financial reporting standards and general accepted accounting practices
* High level of understanding of business practices in a production environment
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* B Com Finance degree or equal qualification is essential
* Completed accountancy learner ship is advantageous.
* Experience in working on the SAP R3 or SAP B1 ERP system
* Advance knowledge and experience the Microsoft office (excel, word, power point and smart view)
* Understanding of the Hyperion Financial Management reporting system
* Minimum 5 years senior commercial financial management experience in an International environment