We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s Crop Nutrition R&D conducts research to develop new applications, tools and services to enable profitable and sustainable nutrition management for agricultural crops, from ideation to implementation. Modelling of crop growth processes and the development of algorithms for improved nutrient management, to be used in Decision Support Systems for growers, is an essential part of this work, pursued in close cooperation with Yara’s Digital Farming Department.
- Work on research & development projects in close cooperation with other teams in Yara’s Crop Nutrition R&D and the Digital Farming department
- Develop new ideas for improved fertilizer management including digital solutions, compile existing information to substantiate hypothesis, propose R&D projects, organize trial activities to validate hypothesis and document performance, deliver scientific reports and supportive information for new applications, tools and services
- Work in multidisciplinary teams (comprising experts in agronomy, IT, business development, marketing, etc.) on digital solutions for knowledge sharing and decision support
- M.Sc. in Agriculture or related sciences with minimum five years of experience in research or having completed a PhD
- Good knowledge in crop nutrition and agronomy of broad acreage crops, ideally with a thorough insight and experience of practical farming operations
- Knowledge in modelling of crops growth processes, the development of algorithms for improved nutrient management and the use of relational databases would be appreciated
- Experience with project management in a digital environment
- Team worker, creative and open-minded with a cooperative and solution-oriented working attitude and sense of urgency
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
The position is temporary, with an initial term of two years. The hired candidate will report to the Head of Application, Tool and Service Development and will be a valuable team member contributing to the execution of R&D activities for Yara with a solution-oriented and added value focus.