We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
Yara is the world’s leading global crop nutrition company. Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers' and customers’ businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment. Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices.
Founded in Norway in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
We are now establishing the Yara Crop Nutrition expert team in Myanmar and are looking for the brightest talents in Myanmar agriculture to join our team to share crop nutrition knowledge to farmers for better profitability and livelihood.
For Mandalay, Sagaing and Shan State we are hiring Crop Nutrition Advisors / Agronomists.
- Conduct farmer meetings, events and exhibitions
- Ensure farmer engagement and understanding of Yara Crop Nutrition solutions
- Responsible for planning, and executing demo plot trial, setting up a crop calendar for right timing of Yara fertilizer management and application technology.
- Carry out the field tests and trials on fertilizers; collect data and write report
- Document, illustrate and monitor farmer profitability through increase yield, improved quality and cost-benefit calculations
- Transfer knowledge to commercial team and support sales on farmer meeting and advise farmers and customers on Yara Crop Nutrition solutions
- Translation and local adaptation of agronomic marketing tools and digital tools
- Build network and relationships with farmers, value chain partners, local authorities, research organizations and universities
- Ensure all Yara Crop Nutrition knowledge is communicated compliantly with Yara’s ethic framing and safety standards
- University graduation on crop cultivation, agronomy or plant protection
- At least 2 years of working experience in agriculture
- Interested in science and technology
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS office (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Burmese fluency
- English competence is an advantage